Vegan queso that tastes like the real deal. AND is packed with whole ingredients (veggies! cashews! spices!). Does it get any better?! Whip up a batch of this delicious vegan queso today.
Vegan queso has never tasted this good. All the texture and taste of traditional queso, but all the real whole ingredient you’ve come to fit in Fit Foodie Finds recipes. It took us a few rounds of recipe testing to get the PERFECT spice combination for this queso, and we’re so pumped about the delish flavor of this. Although it looks like a longer list of spices, there’s nothing crazy on here, and you likely have most (if not all!) of these already in your spice cupboard.
The Perfect Spice Combo for Vegan Queso
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
Recipe Pairings for Vegan Queso
- Mexican Sweet Potato Quinoa Casserole
- Easy Baked Chilaquiles
- Taco Soup
- Mini Taco Cups
- Super Food Taco Bowls
- Crock Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
- How To Make Healthy Walking Tacos
- Crock Pot Chicken Salsa Tacos
- Loaded Chicken Nachos
- 1/2 large red pepper, chopped
- 1 large carrot, cut into coins
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and minced
- 2 tablespoons shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked in water overnight and rinsed*
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- Next, add the pepper, carrot, garlic, and shallot onto a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste and toss.
- Place baking sheet in the oven for 25-30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to prevent burning.
- Remove from oven and place veggies in a large food processor or Vitamix. Add the rest of the queso ingredients to the food processor and blend on high until smooth. Remember to scrape the sides of the food processor frequently as you blend to make sure all ingredients are combined.
- If queso is lumpy and thick, add an additional teaspoon of water at a time until queso is smooth.
- Serve with chips, vegetables, or even over rice or noodles.
Tips & Notes
*Place cashews in a large bowl and completely submerge them with water. Soak cashews overnight so that they soften. Alternatively, you can flash boil the cashews by bringing a pot of water to a rolling boil, turning off heat, and add cashews to the water. Let soak for 15-20 minutes.