Ditch the store-bought turkey seasoning and use the most Flavorful Turkey Seasoning made with 9 ingredients you can actually pronounce. Winner winner, turkey dinner!
Whether you’re cooking a full Thanksgiving dinner or a smaller bird for the fam, you can’t go wrong with this turkey seasoning.
Turkey Seasoning Ingredients
We’re betting that these turkey seasoning ingredients are already in your spice cupboard, and we’re also betting that this rub will be more flavorful than any store bought turkey seasoning + all the benefits of actually being able to pronounce the ingredients:
- Dried thyme
- Dried rosemary
- Dried oregano
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Smoked paprika
- Brown sugar
- Coarse salt
*This recipe yields enough seasoning for a 15 lb. turkey. For smaller or larger birds, use 1.5 tablespoons of seasoning per lb. of turkey.*
What does this seasoning taste like?
This amazing turkey seasoning is savory, a little bit smokey, and slightly sweet. It combines some of the best common spices to create one amazing turkey dry rub to enhance any Thanksgiving or holiday dinner!
If you’re planning a full Thanksgiving dinner or you’re making a smaller bird for the fam, here are some go-to recipe pairings we’re always coming back to to flesh out a top notch turkey dinner:
- Healthy Broccoli Salad with Bacon
- Superfood Salad
- Massaged Kale and Fennel Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette
- Shaved Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Golden Roasted Cauliflower and Quinoa Salad
- Green Beans Almondine
- Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
- Honey Balsamic Roasted Carrots
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Healthy Green Bean Casserole
- Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole
- Healthy Pumpkin Bread
- Healthy Pumpkin Pie Bars
- Apple Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Healthy Carmelita Bars
More Dry Rubs and Seasonings
- Homemade Chili Seasoning
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Homemade Dry Rub for Chicken
- DIY Chai Spices
- Homemade Fajita Seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 6 teaspoons coarse salt
- 4 teaspoons pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Place all ingredients for the turkey seasoning into a large glass container or mason jar.
- Then, stir the spices together to create your rub.
- Seal jar and store remainder in a dry, cool place.
Tips & Notes
- Use entire jar for a 15 lb. turkey.
- For smaller or larger birds, use 1.5 tablespoons of seasoning per lb. of turkey.
Nutrition FactsServing Size: 1.5 tablespoons Calories: 39 Sugar: 6 Sodium: 654 Fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 9 Fiber: 1 Protein: 1
Keywords: turkey seasoning