Summers are the best time for a vacation, outdoor adventure and hitting the beach in your gorgeous bikini but the harsh sun and heat are not very friendly to your skin. Skin problems increase in summers, fading away your natural beauty and glow. We list down here the best beauty tips which you can follow to keep side effects of summer at bay and enjoy while maintaining your natural beauty.
1. Make Sunscreen your best friend- It doesn’t matter whether the sun is shining outside or covered in clouds, the harmful UV rays can still harm your skin and also lead to tanning. Wear a good quality sunscreen with the right SPF according to your skin type. Re-apply every 4 hours for the best protection.
2. Take care of your mesmerizing eyes- The sun can particular harm the eyes so make sure you wear sunglasses before stepping out in sun unleashing the diva in you. Opt for bigger frames which will also prevent the dark circles from getting worse.
3. Break up with those breakouts- The heat in summers is a breeding ground for bacteria on your face which lead to acne and breakouts hampering your natural beauty. Wash your face with cold water multiple times a day and use a face wash with glycolic and salicyclic acid especially if you have acne prone skin. Use light make-up and wash your skin every night before sleeping to keep glowing this summer with your beauty!
4. Treat the redness with red wine- Yes! Not only red wine is a cool and refreshing drink for summers, the substance Resveratol found in Red wine helps decrease redness from extensive sunburns.
5. keeps those locks lustrous- You can’t ignore your hair in summers if you want to look the flawless beauty! The sun rays can drain out all the moisture from your tresses leaving it dry and dull. A sweaty scalp can also lead to oiliness and thus, itchiness and flaking. Avoid this by using a good shampoo and conditioner according to your hair type. Wash your hair regularly and wear a full rim hat or scarf while stepping out in sun to keep their beauty intact.
6.For those luscious lips- The sun rays can dry out and darken your delicate lips. Wear a lip balm with SPF 15 or more and use it as many times in the day as required
7. Cleanse your system from within- The intake of right kind of food will keep your skin glowing and enhance your beauty from the inside. Load yourself on fruits, specially berries and citrus which are high on anti oxidants and Vitamin C and help cleansing out toxins from your body.
8. Swear by Water- Keep yourself hydrated all the time. You can also add glucose to it and sip onto fresh fruit juices and coconut water which will put positive effects on your body and beauty both.
9. Treat your feet like a princess- We take care of all our body but often forget our feet. Put the right amount of sunscreen to your feet as well while stepping out in sun or wear socks to prevent it from harmful sun rays. A pedicure once in a while will be great to maintain the beauty of your feet. If you’re short of time. you can scrub your feet at home and soak it in warm water with salt in it to reveal the natural beauty of your feet.
Summer is no longer an enemy to your beauty if you use the above tips and show a little more care and love to your skin. Follow a proper cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine and get ready to rule the world with your beauty! Happy Summers
Calcium is an essential nutrient which helps in maintaining strong bones and teeth. Apart from that it also helps to maintain healthy blood vessels, regulate blood pressure, and even prevent insulin resistance which cause type 2 diabetes. An adult person needs approximately 1000 mg of Calcium in a day. Apart from the conventional sources of Calcium like Milk and other dairy products there are a lot of other foods which contain sufficient amount of calcium. Here we present the list of calcium rich foods which are tasty, healthy and provide you with the Calcium boost-
1.Almonds- Almonds are not only fully of ‘healthy fats’ and proteins but are also among the best calcium rich foods. Add it to your sweet dish or just grab a handful of almonds as a snack to fulfill your body’s calcium requirements.
2. Oranges- Oranges are a tasty option to fulfill your daily dose of calcium and they also provide you with good dose of Vitamin C.
3. Sesame Seeds-They not only are rich in anti oxidants but also one of the calcium rich foods. They also help in lowering blood pressure and reduce inflammation.You can simply munch a handful of them or add them in salads.
4. Seaweed-Not only fish and other sea food, but a lot variety of seaweed is also rich in calcium content.
5. Turnip greens- The leaves of the turnip bulbs are among the best calcium rich foods. They also contain antioxidants and folate, which helps in lifting up your mood. You can cook this in curry or add it in salad after slight cooking.
6. Oatmeal-They make good tasty and healthy breakfast and contain good amount of calcium in them. You can cook them in milk for added calcium boost.
7. Soy milk-For those who are lactose intolerant or simply bored of dairy products can opt for soy milk. Add a flavor like chocolate syrup, vanilla, honey etc. and make it your tasty companion for calcium rich foods
We also list down here the best calcium rich foods for toddlers-
1. Milk- This is the most commonly used calcium source for toddlers which helps in healthy development of the bones and teeth of your kid
2. Dark green vegetables- Vegetables like spinach, broccoli etc. contain a good amount of calcium. We know it can be a hassle to feed your kids the green veggies so you can turn it into a tasty salad with lemon and a few sprinkle of herbs or simply convert it into a soup which your kid would have happily.
3. Yogurt- You can mix yogurt in fruits or add honey to it to enhance the flavor and make a tasty delight for your kid.
Orange juice- It will give your kid a healthy break from milk as it contains a good amount of calcium in it. You can add it in fruit punch or simply give your kid a glass of orange juice in the morning.
Fresh cheese is among the best and likable high calcium rich foods. You can toss the cheese cubes with vegetables, cook it in a curry or make a cheese cake out of it, whatever your kid likes!
Eating foods high in iron content can help prevent anemia and contribute to your all over health. It’s a misconception that only non vegetarians have the option of iron rich foods. There are a variety of iron rich foods for vegetarians too which are available easily in your kitchen or nearest grocery store. We list down here the foods high in iron content-
Lentils- This is one of the best iron rich foods for vegans which also contains sufficient amount of protein your body requires in a day. They are easy to cook and can be included in your meals everyday.
Serving Size (1 cup, boiled), 6.6 milligrams of iron (37% DV), 230 calories
Raisins- Whenever we talk about iron rich foods, we only see green leafy veggies and foods that kids don’t like. However, foods like Raisins are a good source of iron as well which is a treat to the taste buds as well and the kids can have it without cringing! Raisins can easily be added to oats, salads etc.
Serving Size (1/2 cup, packed), 1.6 milligrams of iron (9% DV), 247 calories
Dried peaches- As compared to the fresh ones, dried peaches have more iron content in them. One serving of dried peaches contain about 9% of your daily recommended iron content. You can have them as a snack or add it to your breakfast for your iron needs.
Serving Size (1/4 cup), 1.6 milligrams of iron (9% DV), 96 calories
Soybeans- Soybean is not only among the best iron rich foods but is packed with nutrients like protein, unsaturated fat, fiber and minerals. They can be cooked in a lot of ways. You can add boiled soybeans to your salads or chili or simply sprinkle salt and lemon to have a delicious and healthy treat.
Serving Size (1 cup, boiled), 8.8 milligrams of iron (49% DV), 298 calories
Whole Wheat Pasta- Those who say healthy can’t be tasty haven’t had a delicious bowl of pasta. The whole wheat pasta is one of the best iron rich foods for vegetarians which makes a healthy and delicious treat.
Serving Size (1/4 cup dry), 0.4 milligrams of iron (2% DV), 44 calories
Oatmeal- It is a boon if you’re suffering from iron deficiency. Its packed with good amount of iron and other nutrients as well which can be easily had for breakfast or as a snack in the evening.
Serving Size (1 medium potato with skin),3.2 milligrams of iron (18% DV), 278 calories
Potatoes- No they’re not just carbohydrates! Potatoes can be cooked in a variety of ways and make a good source of iron and Vitamin C as well.
Serving Size (1 medium potato with skin),3.2 milligrams of iron (18% DV), 278 calories
What are the best iron rich foods for babies ?
For new born babies and infants, iron is very necessary. Here we list down a few Iron rich foods for babies as well:
Cereals- The fortified cereals for babies can be a good option and you should look for cereals which clearly specify the iron content in them. Look for cereals that state in the Nutrition Facts label that they provide at least 45% of the daily value for iron
Vitamin C- Vitamin C helps in the absorption of iron in the body and it can be found in a variety of foods like berries, potato, citrus fruits etc.
Include a good source of Vitamin C in your babies diet according to her taste.
Limit the amount of dairy products- The calcium in cow’s milk inhibits the absorption of iron in blood stream. You can opt for cheese or yogurt instead. Cow’s milk should be avoided before the age 1 and you should prefer feeding her with breast milk.
Grains and green leafy veggies-Try making a soup out of the grains and veggies and feed it to your baby. It’ll be difficult to feed that to her initially as she might not like it. But keep trying as they make a good source of iron for babies.
What are Skin tags?
Skin tags are tiny flap of skin which appears as an outgrowth of skin in various part of the body like eyelids, neck, arms, lower part of the breasts and armpits. They are non cancerous and harmless from the medical point of you but they can be very discomforting, deformed in shape and ugly looking.
What causes Skin tags?
Before we answer how to remove skin tags it’s important to know what causes skin tags and avoid the same first. Skin tags are caused due to the accumulation of blood vessels and collagen in the thicker parts of the skin. This is mainly caused due to the rubbing of skin, which mainly occurs in skin folds and creases. Obesity, hormonal changes in pregnant women, excess use of steroids, heredity and friction on skin due to jewelry can also lead to formation of skin tags.
Now that we know all about skin tags, the question is how to remove skin tags? We might be thinking about running to a doctor to remove it but wait! There is no need, because here we list down the best home remedies for skin tags which you can use.
Take an onion and slice it into a few pieces and leave it overnight in a container with some salt. Apply the juice every night for 7-10 days which will remove the skin tag completely.
This is the best and easiest answer for how to remove skin tags! Just apply some pineapple juice to the affected area 2-3 times a day without rinsing off. The skin tag will be removed in a few days only.
3. Oregano Oil-
Oregano oil contains anti inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties which makes it one of the best home remedies for skin tags. Mix this oil in coconut or any other mild oil and apply 2-3 times a day on the skin tags. This will dry out the skin tag and it’ll scrape out on its own.
This is one of the miraculous and pain less home remedies for skin tags. To use this method, put a few drops of tea tree oil in a spoon full of water and dab a cotton ball in it. Apply this mixture 2-3 times a day. The anti fungal and anti bacterial properties of tea tree oil will dry out the skin tag completely in a few days.
Apply garlic juice over the skin tag at least 2 times a day. But, make sure you change the garlic every time you put it on the skin tag.
6. Nail Polish-
Applying your favorite nail polish and wondering how to remove skin tags from your arms? No worries! Just apply some nail polish on the affected area. Repeat it 2-3 times a day and the skin tag will completely fade off from skin in a few days.
Lemon juice is a powerful antiseptic and it also contains citric acid which helps to dry out skin tags by decomposing the cells. Take a half of a fresh lemon and apply the juice to a cotton ball. Apply this directly to the skin tag and leave it on without washing it off. You can apply this up to three times a day and continue the routine until the skin tag falls off.
All of the above methods are safe and natural and proven ways to remove skin tags. However, if the problem still exists or persists, we suggest you to see a doctor immediately.
What is Asthma?
Before we tell you about the home remedies of asthma, you have to know what is asthma. Asthma is a chronic lung disease which causes inflammation in the airways. The airways get swollen and sensitive making it difficult for the air passages to carry oxygen to the lungs resulting in difficulty in breathing.
What are the Symptoms of Asthma?
A few common symptoms of Asthma include:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest tightness or pain
- Trouble sleeping caused by shortness of breath, coughing or wheezing
- A whistling or wheezing sound when exhaling (wheezing is a common sign of asthma in children)
- Coughing or wheezing attacks that are worsened by a respiratory virus, such as a cold or the flu
Following are the home remedies for asthma which you can use to reduce the severity of asthma:
1. Ginger- Ginger is a wonder spice and one of the best home remedies for asthma. A lot of reseraches have proved that ginger can help reduce the airway inflammation and and inhibit airway contraction.
- Mix ginger juice in equal quantities of pomegranate juice and honey and have this mixture 2-3 times a day.
- You can also have a slice of ginger with salt or honey to get relief from symptoms of asthma
- You can boil a slice of ginger in water and drink the same after it cools down.
If you’re having an asthma attack, you can massage mustard oil onto your chest and back to clear the respiratory passages. For this, heat some mustard oil with camphor and massage it to your chest and upper back while its warm. Do this 2-3 times a day until you feel relieved.
A cup of hot coffee can help you relax your muscles as it acts as a bronchodilator. It helps in clearing the air passages and relaxes you. Prepare a cup of strong black coffee and sip it slowly, although, don’t avoid using this method frequently.
4. Eucalyptus Oil- Source
Researches have suggested that pure eucalyptus oil has decongestant properties and makes it one of the best home remedies for asthma . It has a chemical called Eucalyptol which helps to break the mucus.
- You can put in a few drops of Eucalyptus oil in a paper towel and keep it by your pillow when you sleep. Keep it near your face so that you can breathe in the aroma.
- Alternatively, you can also put a few drops of this oil into boiling water and breathe in the steam for quick relief.
5. Garlic- This one is an age old remedy for asthma. To use this, boil 2-3 cloves of garlic in a quarter cup of milk. Let this mixture cool down a little and drink this while its warm not hot. A research suggests that vitamin C rich foods can promote histamine breakdown and reduce histamine release in the body. Histamine, a natural chemical generated by the body, is responsible for many allergic reactions and is known to promote inflammation in asthma sufferers.
All the above remedies are safe and natural and don’t have any side effects however, we recommend consulting a doctor before using any of the home remedies. Finding the cause of allergy in Asthma is important so once you know it, avoid the cause as much a possible.
What is detox?
Detoxing basically means cleaning the blood in your body. This happens through removal of impurities from the blood found in the liver since this is where toxins are processed to allow elimination. The human body is also capable of eliminating toxins via the intestines, lungs, kidneys, skin and lymph. For you want to detox within the shortest time possible you have to adopt the best detox diet plan. Below is a guide on the best way to detox :
1. Fruit detox
A fruit detox allows you to fast without having to starve yourself. Fruits will help increase your body energy levels and ensure that you manage your body weight properly. You can decide to take one kind on fruit or eat a variety. It’s always advisable to choose a fruit that you enjoy taking so that you don’t feel like you are punishing yourself. Citrus fruits are the best since they have the highest detoxifying strength. Examples are lemons, oranges, grapefruits, limes etc. You can also do a grape detox. Grapes have resveratrol which will protect your body from diabetes and cancer. They are also rich in vitamin C and potassium. Eat grapes only for a period of 3-5 days and you will get great results.
2. Do a liquid detox
Take nothing else but liquids for a period of 2-3 days in a row. Some of the best liquids to take include water, vegetable juice, fruit juice, protein shakes and tea. This will help you easily lose weight since they will restrict your caloric intake.
3. Take organically grown food
Avoid taking foods that are grown using synthetic insecticides and chemical fertilizers. They will add more toxins into your body. Instead, consume foods that are grown using natural fertilizers. If you love meat, take organic meat. This is meat from animals that are grown using few growth hormones, antibiotics and medicines.
4. Take enough water
For you to have a healthy body, you must develop the habit of taking enough water. Water also ensures that your body is able to the required fluid levels. Having the right fluid levels helps your kidneys to easily flush out the main body toxins. If you don’t like plain water, take lemon water. Lemon water has citric acid which helps in cutting down your body fats. Take at least 8 cups of water daily and your body will detoxify very fast.
5. Minimize exposure to toxic substances in the air
The most common toxins found in the air include radon, carbon monoxide and asbestos. Most of these substances are found in our homes thus try to avoid them as much as you can. For instance, carbon monoxide is produced from car engines, grills and furnaces. You can install a carbon monoxide detector in your house and keep your house properly ventilated. Also have your house tested for radon and asbestos.
6. Minimize your intake of added sugars
Excess sugar intake causes your blood sugar levels to go up. This puts at high risk of getting diabetes, heart diseases and some cancers if taken for a long duration. You should therefore read labels of the foods that you buy to see whether they have added sugars. Even if you follow a good detox meal plan without minimizing the amount of added sugars you will not achieve significant results.
7. Avoid toxic oils
Some sunflower, vegetable, and peanut oils are toxic. Instead consume good oils such as coconut oil, hemp oil and olive oils. These have a high content of omega 3 oils.
We hate the tiny swollen thing that appears on your skin every then and now. Sometimes it stays for a longer duration and leaves an ugly scar behind too! Acne is not only an obstacle to a healthy skin but also leads to lack of self esteem. The first and foremost rule to cure acne is never ever try to prick it because that would lead to getting it worst. Follow a proper cleansing routine and wash your face twice a day. Use skin friendly and mild products. Try not loading your face with multiple products and use as less makeup as possible.
If you’re looking for natural acne remedies and wondering how to get rid of acne scars, you can try the following acne home remedies
1. Try Honey- Honey is a natural and mild antibiotic and contains anti bacterial properties which can help in reducing inflammation and treating acne. Apply a small amount of honey directly onto your acne and leave it overnight. This is one of the best home remedies for acne
2. Turmeric and Gram Flour- Turmeric is a natural healer and gram flour helps control the excess oil and also acts as an exfoliate. Take a table spoon of Gram flour and add half a tea spoon of turmeric powder in it. Mix it with water to make a smooth paste. Apply this to the skin affected with acne. Do this everyday will a week or two to notice visible difference.
3. Papaya- Mash up a raw papaya and apply it directly onto the acne. Leave it for 15-20 minutes and rinse it with warm water. If your skin has a tendency to get dry afterwards, you can use a light moisturizer. It one of the easy to use home remedies for acne.
4. Lemon- It is an easily available home remedy for acne. The Vitamin C in Lemon helps treating the acne and lighten the scars as well. Apply some freshly squeezed lemon juice over the acne and leave it for few minutes. Wash it with fresh water. If you have a sensitive skin, you can mix lemon with curd.
5. Tea Tree Oil- It is a highly effective remedy to treat acne fast and naturally. It is like a solvent that removes extra sebum and dead skin cell.s It also acts as an anti oxidant and helps treat acne. To use this method, use 1 part of tea tree to 9 parts of water and dab this mixture onto the problem areas. You may increase the strength gradually if required. If you’re wondering how to get rid of back acne, then this method is the answer to that also.
6. Banana Peel- The banana peels are consists of powerful substance called Lutein, an extremely powerful anti oxidant which helps reducing inflammation. Rub a banana peel on acne to reduce the redness and discomfort caused by it. Let it stay for at least 30 minutes before washing your face. It’s one of the easily available home remedies for acne.
7. Garlic- Garlic is full of anti bacterial properties which can help in reducing acne. Make sure you dilute it before you apply it over acne. Either mix some garlic juice in water or mash it and add some water or aloe gel in it. Apply it to the problem area and keep it for 10-15 minutes then wash it with fresh water.
8. Steam your face- Steam not only helps reducing acne by opening up the pores and flushing out impurities but also brings glow to your face. Boil some water in a pot and let it cool for a few seconds. Put your face over it and cover around with a towel to trap the steam. Do it once a day for maximum benefits.
9. Mint- It not exactly cures your acne but it surely helps to reduce inflammation and pain. The menthol present in it helps reduce redness and discomfort. Crush up the leaves to make a paste and leave for 5-10 minutes before rinsing off thoroughly with cold water.
10. Green Tea- Using green tea externally has proven to reduce acne to quite an extent.
There is an antioxidant in green tea called epigallocatechin-3-gallate or EGCG which was shown to reduce sebum production, inflammation, and bacterial growth in acne-prone skin-which are the main causes behind breakouts.
It is important to keep patience while using the above methods. These natural remedies for acne work gradually but the affects are long lasting. Meanwhile, be comfortable in your skin and stay stress free!
WHAT IS MALIGNANT PLEURAL MESOTHELIOMA?
Malignant Pleural mesothelioma is a rare form of cancer developing from cells of mesothelium, the protective lining covering many internal organs of human body, & affects the Pleura (outer lining of lungs & internal chest walls). This mainly occurs due to exposure of asbestos. Malignant Pleural mesothalioma covers 75% of all mesothelioma cases. It originates in pleura but can quickly spread to the outer chest wall, abdomen & heart. WHAT ARE THE CAUSES? Pleural mesothelioma is mainly caused by exposure to asbestos, an extremely durable, naturally occurring microscopic mineral, difficult to expel from the body once introduced to the internal tissues. Its sources can be: Asbestos mines & processing plants, Industrial Worksites, Shipyards, Military facilities & areas with active asbestos mines or naturally occurring deposits. Exposure mainly occurs at industrial jobsites. Less frequently, but patients have also been exposed to it outside workplace, like asbestos contaminated consumer products or asbestos coming home with clothes or skin of an asbestos worker. Rarely, but patients have encountered asbestos fibers in the environment too. HOW IT DEVELOPS?
- Once inhaled, asbestos fibers irritates the pleura (inner or outer pleura) causing inflammation.
- Due to inability of our body to expel all asbestos fibers, they cause development of pleural tissue into scar tissues.
- These scar tissues cause genetic damage & tumors.
- It develops from the lung linings & then gradually spreads to rest of the lung, chest wall or near diaphragm.
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS? The common symptoms of malignant pleural mesothalioma are:
- Chest Pain
- Persistent dry or painful cough or coughing up blood
- Lower back pain
- Shortness of breath
- Unexplained weight loss
- Swelling of face or arms
- Fever or sweating
- Tissue lumps in chest
As some symptoms are commonly associated with fever or respiratory issues, Malignant Pleural mesothelioma can be difficult to detect. But if the person has a history of exposure to asbestos, you should consult a good physician immediately. HOW TO TREAT? Based on diagnosis, stage of cancer & a few other factors, following are the primary treatment options available:
- SURGERY: Surgery offers the best chance of a long term survival, if the patient is in early stage of malignant pleural mesothalioma. So in this case, flowing two types of surgeries can potentially remove the cancer:
- Extra pleural Pneumonectomy (EPP) - Pleurectomy/Decortication(P/D) But if detected in later stage, surgery might not prove that helpful.
- CHEMOTHERAPY: Chemotherapy has been proven as the most effective treatment for the patients of malignant pleural mesothelioma. The only FDA approved drug to be used in chemotherapy is a mixture of Alimta & Cisplatin, though other clinical trials are under active attempts too.
- RADIATION: Radiation therapy is also applicable for malignant pleural mesothelioma patients, but it alone hardly is effective. So it is used in combination with surgery or chemotherapy.
Once the diagnosis of malignant pleural mesothelioma is done, you should see a good physician immediately. Should also take a second opinion on the same. In addition to this, you should try to get more information regarding all the aspects related & try to understand all the treatment options available so that you can decide which option would be best for you.
What is Sciatica?
Sciatica is a common type of pain affecting the sciatic nerve, a large nerve extending from the lower back down the back of each leg. The term sciatica describes the symptoms of leg pain that can be tingling, numbness or weakness. It that originates in the lower back and travel through the buttock and down the large sciatic nerve in the back of the leg. Sciatica (pronounced sigh-at-ih-kah) is not a medical diagnosis in itself but can be a symptom of an underlying medical condition, such as a lumbar herniated disc, degenerative disc disease, or spinal stenosis.
What are the symptoms?
- Pain in the rear or leg which becomes worse while sitting
- Burning or tingling down the leg
- Weakness, numbness, or difficulty in moving the leg or foot
- A constant pain on one side of the rear
- A shooting pain that makes it difficult to stand up
Some people may have severe and debilitating pain from sciatica and in others the sciatica pain might be infrequent and irritating, but has the potential to get worse.
Seek immediate medical attention if you have progressive lower extremity weakness, numbness in the upper thighs, and/or loss of bladder or bowel control. They are strict signs of Sciatica.
What are the reasons for Sciatica?
Sciatica is caused by irritation of the root(s) of the lower lumbar and lumbosacral spine.
Additional common causes of sciatica are:
- Lumbar spinal stenosis (which causes narrowing of the spinal canal in the lower back)
- Degenerative disc disease (breakdown of discs, which act as cushions between the vertebrae)
- Spondylolisthesis (a condition in which one vertebra slips forward over another one)
Other things that may make your back pain worse include being overweight, not exercising regularly, wearing high heels, or sleeping on a overly soft mattress.
How to treat Sciatica?
For an ongoing pain, the condition may need to be treated so that it does not get worse over time.
There are readily available nonsurgical remedies and regular exercise which can help in relieving the pain.
Non-surgical treatments for sciatica
- Heat/Ice packs:You can use heat or ice packs or a combination of both to relieve the pain according to what relaxes you more.
- Pain Medications: Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (such as ibuprofen, naproxen, or COX-2 inhibitors), or oral steroids can reduce the inflammation that is usually part of the cause of the pain.
- Epidural Steroid Injections for Sciatica: In acute pain cases, the steroid is injected directly into the painful area around the sciatic nerve to help decrease the inflammation that may be causing the pain.
Other treatments for sciatica
- Chiropractic/manual manipulation: Spinal adjustments and manual manipulation performed by appropriately trained health professionals, such as chiropractors and osteopathic physicians, are focused on providing better spinal column alignment, which helps treat number of underlying conditions that can cause sciatic nerve pain.
- Acupuncture: Acupuncture has been approved by the U.S. FDA as a treatment for back pain, and the National Institutes of Health has recognized acupuncture as effective in relieving back pain, including sciatica. Hair-thin needles (that are usually not felt) are inserted into the skin near the area of pain
- Massage therapy: Different types of massage therapies can be used for back pain, including increased blood circulation, muscle relaxation, and release of endorphins (the hormone which relieves pain).
Visit the following link to know about the circumstances in which you should opt for surgery.
Shedding those extra kilos can be one hell of a task specially with all the tempting snacks available these days. You try several ways to loose weight like running, going to gym, dieting and starving your self, resisting that blueberry cake you drool over! But here is a good news to all the foodies. Along with a regular work out session if you eat these foods, it’ll help you loose weight. Yes, you heard it right, now eating delicious food can be the key to weight loss. Following are the best weight loss foods available easily in the market.
1. Dark Chocolate indulgence:
Replace your milk chocolate with a bar of dark chocolate and eat it between meals guilt free. Dark chocolate curbs your desire of eating and the next time you’ll eat less making it one of the most delicious weight loss foods!
2. Go green with veggies-
If you’re already shrinking your nose over this, try making a puree of green leafy vegetables in a mixer and grinding them. Squeeze half a lemon into it and add rock salt to taste. You can sprinkle some black pepper and garnish it with coriander to make a tasty and healthy drink.
3. Eggs and Sausages-
Starting your diet with a protein rich food will help to curb your desire to eat calorie laden snacks throughout the day. Prefer to cook your eggs without using oil. It makes one of the best breakfasts to go start the day energetically
This high protein food helps you feel full for hours with just a fewer calories making it top our list of wight loss foods for non vegetarians. It makes a delicious treat to the tongue as well.
5. Boiled Potato-
They have been blamed for there high carbohydrates content. But the fact is potatoes are full of a number of nutrients, specially potassium which makes them among great weight loss foods. The boiled potato diet has been followed by a number of people with good results. The fact is that it helps you feel full and lets you avoid calorie rich food.
Because protein is the best answer to loose that extra weight. Choose Tuna which which is canned in water not oil.
7. Avocadoes and berries-
They contain fiber and potassium which are essential nutrients and as compared to other fruits which are full of carbohydrates, avocados are rich in healthy fats. All the berries are antioxidants rich which help in cleansing out your system and bring a glow on your skin as well.
Nuts are also rich in good fats which are friendly for your body. Because of there protein content, they make a healthy snack option. Next time you feel like grabbing a slice of cake, chew on to a handful of nuts instead!
9. Chilly Pepper-
Yes, chilies can also contribute in weight loss. They contain a substance called capsaicin, which has been shown to help reduce appetite and increase fat burning in some studies. You can add it while cooking other weight loss foods like salmon,potatoes etc for added benefits. However, it might not have much affect on people who are used to eating spicy food.
We’re not telling you to top off your food with coconut oil because it still has calories. What you can do is to replace your other cooking oils with coconut oil which is rich in some fatty acids proven to reduce calories making it a fabulous choice among weight loss foods.
11. Full fat Yogurt-
This a among the tasty weight loss foods which helps improve the digestion and maintain good metabolism. Having a healthy gut may help prevent bloating and leptin resistance, which is the main hormonal driver of obesity.
12. Lemon for Vitamin C boost-
Having a glass of lemon water twice a day will provide you the necessary Vitamin C which helps in maintaining good digestion and metabolic rate. You may add honey for extra benefits.
All the above mentioned foods are healthy and free of any side effects but make sure you’re not allergic to any of them. To attain visible results, follow a healthy diet, free from sugar and carbohydrates along with regular exercise.